Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tough Letting Go

Well this weekend I boiled for the last time for this short season. Saturday I boiled down the last 50-60 gallons of sap that I had accumulated earlier that week. It was monsoon like and I'm so glad I had a sugar shack (however meager it may be) to shelter myself in.

I ended up with around 3.75 gallons of finished syrup which is a big jump in my production over my 1st season

Though I've taken in all my buckets and saks and after tonight it'll surely be the end of the season, I still have some trees tapped in hopes  of a cold spell.  By chance if the trees produce a small amount of sap I'll boil it down on the propane. As far as my evaporator, I have to clean the pans and misc. equippment and start thinking about modifying the arch into a brick oven for making pizza. Stay tuned for the Brick Oven Pizza and Garden Blogs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers